Saturday, February 4, 2012

Almond lemonade

To my great delight I discovered today that the local supermarket carries almond extract! Of course I picked some up - you can never have too many flavor essences in your kitchen. Amaretto oatmeal, anyone?

We had a Braai in the evening, and since I've been trying to live more healthily lately I've strayed away from unnecessary alcohol intake (ask me some time to explain when alcohol intake becomes necessary). So I wasn't too keen on the obligatory cold beer, and promptly incorporated the almond flavor into a delicious low-calorie drink. I thought it was a bit reminiscent of Italian sodas, but I'm really not sure if it's quite like anything I've ever had before...

And yes, if you read the ingredient list it's going to sound disgusting, but don't judge until you've tried it!

Juice of 1 lemon (~3 Tbs?)
2g sucrose sweetener (2 packs Splenda)
1/4 ts almond extract
5 cups cold water
1 cup ice

Mix all the ingredients together in a pitcher, add more of any of the above to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment